One of the great college party themes is the Anything But Clothes Party, also known as an ABC party. The great thing about an anything but clothes party, surprise surprise, is that pretty much anything goes. This can be one of the funniest parties to attend because there is no way to predict what kind of outfit or costume your guests will arrive in. Guests will arrive in anything from costumes to bed sheets, to just plastic cups covering important areas. It is amazing the things people will wear to a college party. Both guys and girls included. How to throw an ABC Party?
There is no set decorations for an ABC party, the variation of ideas are just too broad. The best way to go about it is to just put tons of random things around the party area. Use balloons, crazy posters, banners, whatever you think the guests will get a laugh out of. It’s an unorganized party theme and the decorations should reflect that.
Drinks/Snacks (Standard for All College Parties):
- Beer! This may sound obvious, but it gets forgotten too often. If you plan on supplying the beer, then make sure to buy a keg with a party tap. Beer goes fast, so make sure you plan accordingly.
- Make sure to have plenty of snacks. Pretzels are always a good touch, as are chips and dip. People love trail mix as well.
- I recommend making the hard alcohol a B.Y.O.B. occasion. Hard alcohol is expensive and adds up quick. You are already hosting the party, so make the guests help out by bringing something to drink.
What to Wear: Ideas
- Beer Boxes
- Plastic Bags
- Duct Tape (but be careful, can be very painful to remove if done incorrectly)
- Body paint
- Caution tape
- School girl outfit
- Halloween costumes
- Bubble wrap
- Card board box
- Shrink wrap
- Nothing at all (technically an option but rarely ever used)
- Look around your home or dorm and just see what you can come up with. Don’t be afraid to be creative and out of the norm!
I hope this information helps you. If there is something else that you would have liked to read about, please leave me a comment. Also, I would love for my readers to send me some pictures of their Black Light Party or other college themed parties to post throughout the website. It is great for helping others learn and always fun to see! Email me here, if you have pictures to share.